9.05.2009

The Yums: Fatty Triple Berry Muffins!

The basic recipe hails from Mollie Katzen's Enchanted Broccoli Forest (pg. 116 Blueberry muffins). As usual, I have amended it to my own tastes.

2 Cups berries (I used raspberries, blueberries & blackberries)
1-1/2 Cups unbleached flour (or 3/4 Cups unbleached + 3/4 Cups whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
freshly grated zest of 2 lemons (I used one meyer & one plain old lemon)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup milk (I used soy)
1 large egg
Juice of one lemon
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 TBSP vanilla

Mix wet ingredients well in a bowl. Mix dry ingredients well in another bowl. Fold wet into dry bowl. Add berries. Stir well. (I like my berry muffins purple. If you don't, just fold the berries in gently. The more you stir, the more color your batter will take on.). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 30-35 minutes @350 or until slightly golden on top. I did add an extra splash of soy milk in just before filling muffin cups as the consistency wasn't quite right to my eye. Seemed to do the trick because they were super yummy. Not too sweet; just right. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment