10.06.2009

The Yums: Autumn Rejuvenation Ration!

This is straight from a book that I believe everyone should own, The Detox Diet by Elson M. Haas, M.D. Haas credits this particular recipe to his business partner, Bethany ArgIsle.

Autumn Rejuvenation Ration:

3 Cups spring water
1 TBSP chopped ginger root
1-2 TBSP miso paste (do not boil!)
1-2 stalks chopped green onion
chopped cilantro to taste*
1-2 pinches cayenne pepper
2 tsp olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon

Boil water. Add ginger root. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in miso paste to taste. Turn off burner. Add green onions, cilantro, cayenne, olive oil & lemon juice. Remove from burner and cover to steep 10 minutes. May vary ingredient portions to satisfy flavors. Enjoy!

*I reeeeeeeeally dislike cilantro. A LOT... so I substituted it with parsley.

Also, I tripled the recipe since I plan to be drinking this broth all day for a few days. I opted for 4 TBSP ginger, 5 TBSP miso paste, 6 stalks green onion & 5 pinched cayenne. All other ingredients were just tripled.

No comments:

Post a Comment