10.04.2011

30 days of Gratitude: Day 7!

I awoke to a rainbow on the altar this morning! 
Taking this as a reminder to explore the relationship between stillness & beauty. 


This is the 3rd day of global sadhana, a 40 day meditation leading up to the shift into the age of Aquarius on 11/11/11. It's my first serious venture into any kind of meditation practice, and I find it interesting what has been coming up for me. I have learned that it is not a good idea (for me) to meditate just before bed as I doze off and trance out. Morning practice is nice, but I really enjoy waking up to 45 minutes of kirtan. Putting the meditation & kirtan together brings the practice to an hour... and that is much too much alone time in one sitting to ask for when one has a spirited 3 year old just itching to be a part of everything. 15 minutes alone, I can do. So, thinking of including Baz in the morning kirtan practice. He knows many of the chants already and just loves to sing. It's a sweet way to begin the day and such precious bonding time. 

I am filled with gratitude for this abundant life that affords me the ability to arise daily with presence & to model a healthy daily rhythm for my child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment