5.07.2009

Red Butte Gardens.

Yesterday Ben, Sebastian & I ventured out with exploration in mind. We landed at the Red Butte Gardens; Salt Lake City's arboretum. Okay, yes the admission is $6 per adult (free for children 3 and under), but this arboretum was so much more than I could have imagined. You take your standard herb garden, medicine garden, fragrant garden & then mix in a children's garden, 15,000 bulbs  & *YES* an amphitheater. It couldn't possibly be better. The amphitheater hosts big name bands every late spring through summer... I'm seriously contemplating a trip to see Neko Case. Possibly even the Indigo Girls. Seriously, the venue is less than 2 miles from my house. I would be a fool not to take advantage of such luxuries.

Anyway, back to the garden: We explored, we saw, we enjoyed. We even picnicked. It was great fun. The weather was amazing. Just beautiful. I can't wait to go back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment